RE: [Karlnet] WET-11 Firmware

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] WET-11 Firmware
From: "Kevin Knuth" <kknuth@karlnet.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 15:48:41 -0500
All,

We will demo at WISPCON a WET11 TYPE of device.

Our product is embedded inside a 19dbi flat panel antenna, complete with
PoE.  The software is currently limited to TurboCell and bridging and allows
5 users on the ethernet side.  We are working on getting NAT into the unit,
but frankly there is not much processor to work with!

Expected list price of this product is $270 (includes antenna, PoE injector
and software- a complete system).

NOW, before I get the questions, here is why we are not currently doing a
driver for existing WET11's.  There are a couple of issues.
1. You need a special cable to reflash Karlnet code on these devices.
2. Under current implementations, our software could be exposed if we
allowed the general public to reflash.  Now this is a problem when you are
in the software business.

Having said that:  Our engineers are working on a solution that we hope will
allow you to re-flash a WET11.

See you all at WISPCON!

Kevin