Re: [Karlnet] Thanks to Zcomax

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Thanks to Zcomax
From: "Wisp Notes" <wisp-notes@s1-i.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 11:26:45 -0700
You are right Chris. They are not entirely junk. 98% of our network is using
those cards. The biggest problem is each of those cards has an internal antenna
and recieves a LOT of noise especially on the AP side. Thats where the major
improvement came from, not the extra power. I know there is an Orinoco card
that has no internal antenna but $150 doesn'y justify it. Besides, the Zcomax
cards are solid, the pigtails aren't prone to falling out, the internal antenna
comes right off, and the price is right. I'm done using Orinoco in any access
point. Dropping the noise floor from -73db to -101db was enough to convince me
of that. Our quality and range increased drastically because of a better
signal, not a stronger one. I apologize if I ripped on the Orinoco too much,
I'm just really excited about the results these new cards have produced.

Sincerely,

Paul
Source One Internet