Re: [Karlnet] high power cards that work well in TC mode?

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] high power cards that work well in TC mode?
From: "Caleb Carroll" <karlnet@pathcom.ca>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 11:24:02 -0600
>Anybody using them in a RG-1x00?

Yes, quite a few are in RG-1100's.

>64bit WEP in TC mode?

We don't use WEP.  From experiments that I did, I found that EnGenius and
Zcommax 200mW cards only work when in 64bit WEP mode - 128bit WEP didn't work.

Additionally, Prism 2.5 based radio cards only work in TurboCell mode and do
not work as an 802.11b Access Point or Mobile Router - Karlnet firmware won't
load into the radio card and you get an orange interface light.

Also, when operating a device with 2 wireless interfaces such as an AP-1000
where one interface is a high power card in TurboCell mode and the other is a
standard Agere or Orinoco card in 802.11b Access Point mode - you should update
the radio card firmware to v8.72 downloadable from Proxim's web site. *see
previous list e-mails about high-power card testing for explanation.