Re: [Karlnet] VPN through CPE+

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] VPN through CPE+
From: "Caleb Carroll" <karlnet@pathcom.ca>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 18:32:50 -0600
I don't think that this will work for you.

Windows VPN (PPtP) requires GRE (IP Protocol 47) to be forwarded to the host
behind the firewall.  Since there is no facility to forward specific protocols
(only port mappings), I don't think it is possible to use the built in NAT
function of the RG.

Suggestion: re-program the RG to bridge then find a cheap commercial NAT box
(often called a "broadband router") or use Linux & iptables.