Re: [Karlnet] best approach for a WISP start-up

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] best approach for a WISP start-up
From: "Bob Hrbek" <bhrbek@jagwireless.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 14:47:47 -0500
Or...just ask your neighbor take a large stick and beat you silly.  Give him
your $4K and let the wounds heal.   The pain will be over sooner.

How are you going to pay for this monthly recurring if you only have $4K to
invest in this thing?  What are you going to resell?  DSL?  For how much?
Why would your neighbors get you over DSL?  Are you going to try to serve
businesses?  Why NOT???

Other things to think about:

Insurance, servers, laptop, install tools (lots of them) ladders, a shop to
put all this stuff together in, etc.

-bob