[Karlnet] Adding some micropops to Karlnet network, how should I dothis?

Subject: [Karlnet] Adding some micropops to Karlnet network, how should I dothis?
From: "Brett Hays" <bretth@htonline.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 21:36:21 -0500
Ok, need some advice from the Karlnet experts.

We are going to being deploying some micropops to help us with LOS issues.
I need to bring my first one up next week, so hoping to nail down a network
design.  We are running Karlnet on AP1000 with RG1100 clients exclusively,
plan to add some Ubicoms in the future.

In this particular town, we are on the only acceptably high location to
serve as our main wipop as well as point to point links to other towns.
Accordingly, I am going to have to do some pretty serious frequency
management as I need to connect customers, micropops and three or four
backhaul links from this same tower (grain tower).  I will use 5.8 for
backhaul.

Most of these micropops will not exceed 15 to 20 customers on each and I
would expect to have 10-15 micropops when fully deployed.  I would like to
feed them all from this tower.  Obviously, I can't do point to point links
to each due to interference.  This is my plan, can someone tell me if it is
workable.

5.8 link from Noc to main tower (currently this is a karlnet 2.4 link with 2
Hyperlink mini-ror's on channel 10)
        Probably Canopy, Trango or Mikrotik,  Suggestions?
5.8 links to other towns from main tower (how many 5.8 links can I locate on
the same rooftop without interference problems?)
Main Access Point (AP-1000 with omni on channel 4)  (will go to sectors here
in the future)
Clients running RG1100's and Ubicoms
Micropops on AP1000 with one card pointing back to main tower and omni for
local clients on other card

Questions:
Can I serve the micropops as clients on the main tower with reasonable
performance?
Would it help to upgrade the AP1000 at the main tower to a flashrom unit for
more processor speed?
How many 5.8 links can I locate on this tower (rooftop) without interference
problems.
If this won't work, how are others of you running Karlnet handling deploying
micropops from a main tower?