RE: [Karlnet] 802.11a radio's?

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] 802.11a radio's?
From: Paul Horak <paulhorak@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 00:28:15 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Kevin,

> It would be a difficult position for Karlnet to
> support a card that has been
> "hacked".  And possibly not even legal!

I don't really see why - isn't an RG hacked by the
time you have ripped off the cover, added an antenna
it is not designed or certified for and then
overwritting the firmware/software? I seem to recall
someone here who very cleverly found a way to disable
the internal antenna on PCMCIA cards. There are all
kinds of 'hacks' that I suspect all of us do every day
- I beleive this is healthy and promotes innovation.

Just my 2 cents worth. :-)

Cheers.

Paul