RE: [Karlnet] new Proxim Cards... was ofdm in 2.4ghz?

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] new Proxim Cards... was ofdm in 2.4ghz?
From: "Bernd Vetter" <bvetter@colonia-independencia.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:26:20 -0400
Hi,

this is what I've recently posted on another list, and I thought, it might
be interesting:
-------------------
Cor,

thanks for your answer. But.....

I have a Proxim b/g PC-Card in front of me.
The model is 8470 WD, and for sure, it HAS an external antenna connector on
it. Same for the silver version (8471 WD)! Look at
http://www.proxim.com/products/all/orinoco/docs/ds/11bgpccard.pdf
First page, on the right, below "Features" it says: External antenna
connector That's why I've asked this question. Comparing the prices of the
b/g Kit and the simple PC-Card, the Kit is around 130,-U$, while the
mentioned PC-Card is around 85,-U$. So, why anyone would buy the Kit? BTW, a
while ago, I had all the new (8)Proxim cards in front of me, and the only
ones, that still does come with external connectors, are the b/g PC-Cards.
Nor the plain b, whether the a/b or the a/b/g combos have an external
connector anymore. In both versions, the silver and the gold.

Thanks for clarifying.

Saludos
Bernardo