[Karlnet] mikrotik router

Subject: [Karlnet] mikrotik router
From: Peter Dordik <dordik@presov.viapvt.sk>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 11:32:39 +0200
Hello,

> Does anyone know if the linux turbocell will work with
> the Mikrotik router v2.7x?

Karlnet Turbocell driver is not included in Mikrotik. Mikrotik is custom linux
based distro with custom kernel and modules. You can not compile module in
another linux box and then use it with Mikrotik kernel. And vice versa. You can
not use Mikrotik modules with non Mikrotik kernel.

> If so will cards with prism chips like Seneo 200mw work?

Karlnet Linux Turbocell driver works only with Hermes based cards (Agere,
Orinoco, Avaya ...)

> I am considering putting some cpe units together based upon PC's using Karlnet
Linux Turbocell and Mikrotik

You can create Your own Linux distro with 30mw Hermes based cards, or You can
use use older "wisp-dist" distro with Karlnet Turbocell driver.

If You still want use 200mw cards with classic PC's (because you have some
available) You have only one solution:

Flashrom or Compact Flash version of Karlnet. If You need only 1 ethernet and 1
802.11b interface, CF version is right for You.
Compact Flash is basicaly IDE disk, so You can use IDE Flashdisk or old HDD too.

Yes, Karlnet CF software (SV4200 $200) is little more expensive than Karlnet
Linux  driver ( $55) + Mikrotik ($45 + wireless license $75) You wanted, but
Mikrotik scenario is impossible now.

peter