Re: [Karlnet] Jitter

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Jitter
From: Chris Conn <cconn@abacom.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 12:12:07 -0400
Norm Young wrote:
Does anyone have any idea why a Karlnet TC base that was fine a few
customers ago (no more than 25 customers on this AP), would suddenly start
showing all sorts of ping time jitter?   Seems like the problems coincided
with my installation of a few Ubicom clients (these were the last customers
installed)--but it could have also been the installation of  v4.43.

Hello,

Check to see if your retransmit counters have increased globally...I have found this to be the case, however I have not seen much discussion about this on this list. notice that going from anything below 4.43K to that new version, you are now using 8.74 tertiary firmware loads on an Orinoco radio.

So, I would be interested if you can link the two.

Chris