RE: [Karlnet] mesh networking

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] mesh networking
From: Thomas Giger TGC <thomas.giger@tgc.de>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 03:33:02 +0200
Whatever the official Karlnet answer will be: 2 years ago I've seen a Lucent
Orinoco presentation that mentioned an additional TurboCell operation mode
which would allow satellite-satellite polling for a mesh ... which has never
become a reality ...

You may want to have a look at http://aslib.sourceforge.net/ which is a
support library for ad-hoc routing protocols on Linux and has pointers to
other mesh routing resources; and there is more if you google. Probably this
cannot be used on a star-topology, though, as implemented by TC (not w/o the
unseen mode mentioned before) and you would need some router intelligence
(i.e. Linux) at the client side to make it part of the mesh.

--
true global communications GmbH
Thomas Giger