[Karlnet] RG lock ups

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: [Karlnet] RG lock ups
From: <travis-lists@netwaveinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 08:45:09 -0400
I have a building in an apartment complex that we service that has been
crashing a lot lately.

Each building has its own RG-1100 running 4.43k. Recently, the RG has
been locking up on a semi-regular basis. No new people have moved into
the building, and bandwidth usage seems normal.

I have replaced the radio twice, once with an RG running SR-4250 and
once with a brand new RG running SR-4100. I have replaced the switch in
the building, and even put a DSL router between the tenants and the RG.
No go. Radios lock up.

When I go in the closet I have seen a radio with no lights, a radio with
an orange power light, a radio with a green power light and a solid
green RF light, and a radio with a solid green power light and a
half-way lit RF light.

Any one have ANY ideas? I don't know what else to try. I will be doing
some packet sniffing this afternoon, but could it be traffic? My
instinct said hardware, but I've replaced it all (except the tenants
NICs).

Help!

Thanks!

Travis