Re: [Karlnet] PPP Protocol Bridged

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] PPP Protocol Bridged
From: Chris Conn <cconn@abacom.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 09:08:56 -0400
Intercom - Roberto Ravetti wrote:
Kevin and others:

I am working with PPPoE through PtP Bridged links. I have to Bridged ALL
protocols, if no, PPPoE directly not work.

With binary version Karlnet 4.31 I proved only bridge IP, IP ARP, RARP
Reverse and the new PPP (in older versions PPP did not exist that option)...
the result of the probe was negative... PPPoE did not work and I had to came
back to Bridge ALL Protocol.

The question is: PPP in the Bridging option is for that purpose..? should
PPP works for PPPoE purpose..?

Thanks
Bye
Atentamente,

PPPoE is an ethernet protocol. If you want to bridge it, enter CUSTOM and bridge ethernet protocols numbers 8863 and 8864. That is all you need.

Good luck,

Chris