Re: [Karlnet] KN-100/200 with PoE overheats

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] KN-100/200 with PoE overheats
From: Sergey Holod <sss@radiocom.net.ua>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 09:55:06 +0200
On Tuesday 28 October 2003 20:57, Dan Metcalf wrote:
DM> are you using any type of fan as well?

No, we don't use.
Usually we put boards into waterproof plastic boxes ~ 12'x8'x3'
to attach them near antennas.
Don't think any heatsink can cool it with such small volume of air.

Previously we powered it also over ethernet cable using selfmade
supply with 12V output. It worked rather well.

--
With Best Regards,
Sergey A. Holod