Re: [Karlnet] Start up question

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Start up question
From: "Brendan O'Bra" <brendan@pvbb.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 16:35:52 -0800
Hi Karl,
    Greetings from Fairfield (kinda in between SF and Sacramento).  If
you're interested in playing with if for cheap, I'd reccomend getting a
Lucent Rg1000/ap500 (similiar devices) and starting with that, as they as
mature and easy to get support for.  For both karlnet licenses and hardware,
we've been using www.ecommwirelesscom as they are in Denver and the closest
source for both.

You should also consider 11b vs. turbocell, as turbocell is licensed per
client (although it performs alot better than 11b for alot of scenarios).
Are you considering turbocell for infrastructure or serving customers?

One thing to keep in mind is the the Rg1000/ap500 and Ap1000 (2 radio box)
have all been end of lifed, so there's no guarantee on supply. Karlnet has
developed replacement hardware - you might ask the list what they think of
it.

Thanks,