[Karlnet] Ubicomm Karlnet Clients

To: karlnet@WISPNotes.com
Subject: [Karlnet] Ubicomm Karlnet Clients
From: Blair Drew Davis <theory@datawise.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 21:51:29 -0500
We have several of the Ubicomm Karlnet Clients in place talking to Karlnet Turbocell 4.43 ap's.

These work quite well, with one major issue.

The Ubicomm's won't pass traffic when used with a Karlnet COR 4.43 flashed on to a WavePoint II or AP-1000 if it is the older hardware that has only a 10Mbit ethernet port. If the hardware used is the later WavePoint IIE or Ap-1000 with the 10/100Mbit ethernet port, it works fine. This problem has been reproduced by CWLabs. I have heard that this problem is in the Ubicomm's and that there is a flash upgrade to fix it, but I have not yet found it.....

Has anyone tried using the Ubicomm's with a Lucent COR 4.15 as the AP?

We have been getting the Ubicomm's from CWLabs. CWLabs says they may not be carrying the Ubicomm's any longer. Anyone know of other suppliers carrying them?

-- Blair Davis Computer Adjusters of Allegan www.computeradjusters.com (616) 673-0054

AOL Instant Message Screen Name theory240