[Karlnet] KN-100 - a port to monitor

To: karlnet@WISPNotes.com
Subject: [Karlnet] KN-100 - a port to monitor
From: Ralph Hayon <ralph@naturalwireless.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 12:43:04 -0500
I can't use PING.

This is my problem.

I have all of my wireless equipment behind a Nomadix HSG access gateway (this is where the complexity arises). (I am putting Wi-Fi systems in Hotels for Guest Access).

The Nomadix will allow me to do static port mapping which lets me get the Web interface of the other equipment I am using (Senao APs).

It will also allows me to get the the KN-100 via the Karlnet software and port 161 via this port mapping. This works with no problem.

But for network monitoring purposes I just want to run a simple piece of software (Swatch) that will notify me if the KN-100 device has gone "dead" for some reason.

(Actually, I would like it if I had a package that would actual read key info on the KN-100 like temp and various link status and notify me if there is a problem that needs attention. I want everything to be automatic so my company can contribute to the jobless recovery.)

What packages/software are popular for network management of the KN-100 equipment?

Ralph

************************* Ralph Hayon Natural Wireless, LLC 52 Forest Avenue Paramus, New Jersey 07652

Tel. +1-201-315-7397
Fax. +1-201-664-4770