Re: [Karlnet] D-Link DWL-810+ / Linksys WET-11

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] D-Link DWL-810+ / Linksys WET-11
From: Peter Dordik <dordik@presov.viapvt.sk>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 09:12:01 +0100
Hallo Gerhard,

first - i never used Dlink.

You are able to ping AP1000 with Karlnet 4.44 loaded from PC connected to
ethernet side of DWL-810+. If yes, and DWL-810+ is in bridge mode, then:

1. You need to allow at AP1000 mac of Your PC, not wlan or lan of Dlink. Dlink
must use (usualy after reboot) MAC of Your PC.
2. You can try disable MAc control at AP1000 for a moment, if this do es not
help.
3. Is possible, that DWL-810+ is incompatible not only with karlnet, but with
802.11b. At D-Link website is something about DWL-810+ and it is in range of
802.11b+ devices (may be dlink proprietaty solution) . If it is possible to use
DWL 810+ for concurent connection of several PC's without routing or NAT only
with bridge mode to compatible AP (something like karlnet SEC), then i am sure,
that it can not be compatible with Karlnet.

1 question: What is exact model number of linksys (cisco) with HERMES chipset?

Happy New Year!

Peter