[Karlnet] Need help setting small WISP

To: karlnet@WISPNotes.com
Subject: [Karlnet] Need help setting small WISP
From: "Scom Scom" <sastra888@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 13:43:22 +0000
My correct budget is $750 not $1000 per point.
----------
Hi,
I need recommendation for setting up small WISP with around 10 Hot Spot (all indoor) that be able to communicate with Radius server. I am looking to spent around $750 for each hot spot (cheaper better:). The unit that I consider to get:
- KN205
- SG4510A (SEC AP-Plus with Radius and Firewall)
- Hermes I Ruby AGERE OEM Radio
- SKA-52AGBR (Box base station)
- PoE unit
- Antenna (any recommendation good one less than $100 each??)
- Amplifier (is it really worth it?)
The software that I am going to use is Advanced Radius and Advanced ISP Billing which I think very user friendly.

Are those item is good enough/reliable for hot spot? Or does anyone have any better recommendation?

I also have couple question regarding Karlnet product:
? The software AP-Plus doesn?t support Turbo Cell, are there any benefit of Turbo Cell if the user connect with standard 802.11b without any additional software installed?
- Which one would you recommend, using 2 x Hermes I 35mW (if I am not wrong) or 1 x 200mW Radio? Is the 200mW Radio working with AP-Plus software without Turbo Cell? Are there any significant benefit using 2 Radio card instead of one (double the power??)?
- Do you think using 1 or 2 x 200mW Radio will give sufficient signal for indoor area such as food court? Or should I use amplifier to increase the signal?

Thank you very much for your help.