[Karlnet] NDIS and RG-1100's with 200mw Senao Cards

Subject: [Karlnet] NDIS and RG-1100's with 200mw Senao Cards
From: Michael McDermott <michael@veritech.com.au>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 15:17:42 +1100

I'm aware that the SC-4700 client driver (NDIS) has been discontinued and has been replaced by KarlNet's Residential Subscriber Unit (RSU). It is a pity because the NDIS did allow easy laptop access to a Karlnet Base station when conducting site surveys.

I have a client that has just purchased an Alvarion BreezeNET PC-DS.11b (a re-badged Orinoco Gold card?) and a SC-4700. The client tried to install the NDIS on a XP Home machine but when he clicks on Add/Edit Configuration Profile in the TurboCell Client, the following error appears:

"Error opening the control panel applet: WNLUC48.CPL - 8002".

I have tried re-installing and playing around with the Wireless Zero Configuration Service, with no avail.

I don't think it is an incompatibility of the Alvarion card as I have successfully installed the NDIS client with the card on an XP Pro machine.

Any suggestions or knowledge that could shed some light on the topic?

Also I have another client that are having problems with 200mw Senao cards in RG-1100 devices. The RG-1100 device will not totally boot up with the 200mw card (freezes half way thru the boot up process), but will boot up and work with other cards (Orinoco cards). Any ideas?

Regards,

Michael R McDermott BEng (Comp. Eng.), MACS, IEEE
Pre-Sales Technical Consultant
Veritech Australia Pty Ltd