Re: [Karlnet] wich software should be used

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] wich software should be used
From: "Larry Yunker (Cyber Broadcasting)" <leyunker@cbcast.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 09:02:00 -0600
Yes and no... The CB3 will show up as Prism I on the link test monitor.
When selected, it WILL show accurate local AND remote SNR/signal/noise data.

The Linksys WET11 will ALSO show up as Prism I on the link test monitor.
When selected, it will NOT show accurate REMOTE SNR/signal/noise data.
Local SNR/signal/noise data seem to be accurate since it is derived from the
AP and not from the client device.

As far as I know, there is no way to get the WET11 or CB3 to display
anything other than "Prism I" on the link test monitor.  It seems that
Karlnet doesn't want to/can't use the stored description name on the Link
Test description.... it's too bad.  It's one of the few drawbacks of using
the PRISM solutions with Karlnet APs.  I wonder if any NON-Karlnet APs can
accurately report the descriptions of these Prism-based devices.

- Larry