[Karlnet] KN-100 Dimension and Cooling Questions

Subject: [Karlnet] KN-100 Dimension and Cooling Questions
From: "Brad Gass" <bradlists@mnns.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 18:51:19 -0600 (CST)
All,

Does anyone have a copy of the KN-100 "User Guide"?  Does it give any more
dimensional information on the board itself than the Integration Guide
does?

Specifically, I'm wondering how much space exists between the bottom of
the inserted PC Card and the top of the processor?  Is there enough room
for a low profile (0.25" tall) heatsink on the CPU?

What are the heat related issues with using this board?  I've read in
several places about PoE voltage causing issues, is the high PoE input
voltage the only heat related issue, or is processor and card heat
dissipation a real concern as well?  Under what circumstances are a fan
required, and where are they mounted on factory fan-cooled units (is there
such a thing)?

Reason I ask is that I'm soon going to be trying out an all-in-one PoE
flat panel antenna solution with a KN-100 internally, and want to make
absolutely sure it does NOT cause me any undue temperature related grief.
FYI, I'm in the upper midwest, where our ambients can range from -20F in
the winter to +100F in the summer (hotter in the enclosure to be sure).

I'm a huge fan of "bulletproof" vs. "it works, don't fix it", and gladly
go to the extra engineering and fabricating effort to ensure it.

Thanks in advance!

Brad