RE: [Karlnet] 5 Minute Total Loss of Traffic on KN-205

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] 5 Minute Total Loss of Traffic on KN-205
From: LaRoy McCann <lmccann@roachconveyors.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 17:28:49 -0500
Are the lockups on the client or the AP?

I have not had any customers complain about loss of traffic for a while and then start working.
I have a kn50 at my house and have never noticed any loss of traffic.
We have a flashrom here at work and have not noticed any problems.

Here is my setup. The only major thing I see is I have a flashrom base running old code, 3.62. I have been looking at upgrading to the latest. I hope that will not cause problems.

I have 2 flashrom AP's running V3.62 karlnet. Not routing, just bridging.

1st AP:
11 kn50, 1 ubicom, 2 flashrom satellite
There is a mixture of lucent 32mw and smc 200mw cards in the kn50s.

2nd AP:
5 kn50, 2 flashrom satellite
There is a mixture of lucent 32mw and smc 200mw cards in the kn50s.

I have not had any lockups on the APs. I have had some of the kn50s lockup and require a power cycle. I have not updated the firmware in the kn50s yet. Hope that solves that problem.

LaRoy