[Karlnet] Sasser Virus Letter

Subject: [Karlnet] Sasser Virus Letter
From: "Rick Harnish" <wireless@onlyinternet.net>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 10:05:32 -0500
Dear Wireless Client,

There is a new virus called the sasser virus that causes network issues.
We have blocked the ports that this virus uses on our routers, but that
doesn't ensure total protection to your computers.  People that have
laptops that work in a different (unprotected) environment either at
home or in a remote office could have brought the virus into your
network or thus may be affecting our network behind the routers.  Please
check your computers by following these links.  It is important that all
computers on your network be checked.  We will continue to do everything
possible on our side to protect your systems.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/sasser.asp

More info about the worm can be found at:

http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/w32sassera.html

Microsoft Update patch can be found at:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-011.mspx

Thanks,