Re: [Karlnet] 5 Minute Total Loss of Traffic on KN-205

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] 5 Minute Total Loss of Traffic on KN-205
From: "Caleb Carroll" <karlnet@pathcom.ca>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 16:17:24 -0600
Hi,

Have you looked for local sources of interference in & around your radio site?
I found a strange problem a couple of weeks ago at one of our radio sites where
all clients (58 of them) would disappear for a few minutes - The strange thing
that I noticed was that the Client manager on my Laptop would report
"Attempting to Authenticate with Base Station" & "Waiting for response from I".
 It would take up to 2 minutes to authenticate with the Base Station and by
that time the windows DHCP client gave up and used an auto assignment IP.  All
the Satellite stations (KN-100's & RG-1100's) were non-responsive (No IP
addresses) probably due to the similar functioning of their DHCP client.

So what was causing this weird behaviour??

A 2.4GHz cordless phone in the building next door to the radio site.