[Karlnet] Updates about 4.45 firmware

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: [Karlnet] Updates about 4.45 firmware
From: "Larry Yunker (Cyber Broadcasting)" <leyunker@cbcast.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 23:45:20 -0500
We were just forced to pull our 200mw PRISM card out of our KN100 AP+
running 4.45.  We found that non-prism cards would associate but drop a high
percentage of their packets when talking/receiving to/from the AP.  Looks
like they don't quite have that 200mw driver ready for primetime.

We experienced this packet-loss issue with client SEC RG1000's running 3.79,
3.88, 4.43, and 4.45 firmware.  So it looks like the bug is in the AP
firmware not the client-side firmware.  The problem went away when we
replaced the 200mw card with the original 35mw card in the AP.  ALSO, CB3's
running 200mw cards would associate AND wouldn't suffer the packet loss
issues!!  Should we switch all of our client radios away from Karlnet SEC to
CB3's?

Anyone from Karlnet care to fill us in on the remedy of this situation?

Larry Yunker
Cyber Broadcasting, L.L.C.
Larry.Yunker@cbcast.com

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Cyber Broadcasting's Declude AntiVirus]