RE: [Karlnet] heat and PoE

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] heat and PoE
From: "daniel Wright" <dwright@wonderwave.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 13:42:09 -0500
Go for the 15v power supplies. We had the same problem with radio's
rebooting with the 12v power supplies. Going to 15v took care of the
problem. This was on 3 different AP's a 1 client with very short POE runs.

As far as heat is concerned, 2 of our AP's have seen heat up to 150 degrees
and they were resetting but this was when we had the 12v power supplies in
them. When we switched to the 15v power supplies, we also added reflective
material to the boxes the radio's were in. We bought one of those winshield
covers at Wal-Mart and cut it up to fit around the box. Really helped
temperature on the boxes that are in direct sunlight The most we see is 120
degrees now. Of course our summer here in chicago is only getting started.
Hope this helps.

Dan