Re: [Karlnet] Re: Karlnet Digest, Vol 21, Issue 26

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Re: Karlnet Digest, Vol 21, Issue 26
From: "Support" <Support@KarlNet.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 17:18:23 -0400
From: "Blair Davis" <blair@wmwisp.net>
To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 11:08 AM
Subject: [Karlnet] Re: Karlnet Digest, Vol 21, Issue 26

> What is the situation on compatibility?
Builds for newer KN150 boards (Atheros) are currently being tested for
compatibility and function. Currently these builds are being tested for
functionality with Orinoco(Hermes Chipset) only. We will evaluate with other
radios but the first cycle is Orinoco/agere.

> On license-it, the latest version of the kernel is listed as 4.45-01
> with slightly varying date codes. On license-it, the latest version of
> the configurator is 4.44-01.

This is true 4.44-01 is on license-it, this will be updated. The current
configurator for non-Atheros based units is version 5.00-01 .
http://www.karlnet.com/Support/SupportDownloads.htm

The latest released kernel for the most common bin
files=-v4[1].45-00-041209, there are different build date for some hardware
specific builds at https://www.license-it.com, but keys for these builds are
utilized by OEMs.These builds have different build date because of bin file
specific changes were made at sometime before or after other listed builds.

> On karlnet.com, the latest kernel is listed as 5.02 as is the
configurator.

The configurator version reflects the current Terabeam Production release.
Terebeam Production ships this version of the configurator with systems.This
configurator is reverse compatible with our version 4 product line. Version
3 bin files are not tested with this configurator but there are no presently
know issues reported.

> What happened to 4.46 beta that fixed the problems with the 3.20V lucent
> hardware?  When will it show up on license-it?

Eventually a form of 4.46 or newer bin file will be release for PCMCIA
radios. The bin files have been uploaded on many TurboCell enabled
networks.The results from these trials are being evaluated and any issues
are being addressed.Once the test sites reports/issues have ALL been
addressed, we will post and announce release.

> Is 5.02 compatible with the lucent hardware?  Is it backwards compatible
> with 4.45?  If not, how far should I update the kernel on my mix of
> lucent and flashrom hardware?  Will it show up on license-it?

Version 5.02 is NOT compatible with Lucent radios, therefore not backwards
compatible.Builds for newer KN150 boards (Atheros) are currently being
tested for compatibility and function. Currently these builds(5.xx) are
being tested for functionality with Orinoco(Hermes Chipset) only. We will
evaluate with other radios but the first cycle is Orinoco/agere.Version
4.44.x or newer should communicate with these bin files. Yes, they will
appear on license-it website.

Thanks
Reg Mallory