Re: [Karlnet] Re: Karlnet Digest, Vol 22, Issue 15

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Re: Karlnet Digest, Vol 22, Issue 15
From: Chris Conn <cconn@abacom.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:21:25 -0400

We have not found the total solution and each occurrence are not identical.
I appreciate your feedback and have forwarded ALL result data to our
engineers.We have halted the general release of  v4.46 to verify BETA
testing responses.

Hello,

We saw this problem many years ago (in version 3.88 if anyone remembers how old that is), and our most effective solution was to run the CPEs that caused this loop at 5.5Mb instead of 11. We have since then standardized our networks to use exclusively 5.5Mb at the CPE and 11Mb at the base.

It is _very_ rare now for us to see these problems.

If you already are at 5.5Mb then, sorry I can't help you.

Chris