Re: [Karlnet] non turbocell

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] non turbocell
From: "Steve Loomis" <loomiss@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 20:08:53 -0600

----- Original Message ----- From: "bino_oetomo" <bino@indoakses-online.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 7:38 PM
Subject: [Karlnet] non turbocell

Dear All.

Is there still any karlnet's non turbocell product ?
What I mean is the same product of old lucent/orinoco AP-1000 and AP-500
(Non turbocell, just plain 802.11b host)
AFAIK, those 2 device using KarlNet's firmware.
What is their board type ? are they in KNxxx board line ?

Why am I looking for this beast ?
Because :
1. They are priced at our market ability. (around US$ 400)
2. Can use just a plain PC with standard driver as client. No per client
expense. in short .. just a plain 802.11b host
3. I can do a simple BASH script to send SNMP request and process the respon
to generate RRD based report on almost all aspect of this device (mostly :
per remote SNR and error rate)

Yes I use some turbocell too, but it's for our so called "backhaul"

I could not find any single 802.11b host device that can be easily and
continuely monitored just like those 2 device.
I realy hate AP-2000 web based configuration. They need OpenView to do
continous per client SNR monitor.

Sincerely
-bino-