NA-User

ADMIN: ve7tcp.ampr.org downtime Saturday May 4

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: ADMIN: ve7tcp.ampr.org downtime Saturday May 4
From: lyndon@ve7tcp.ampr.org (Lyndon Nerenberg (VE7TCP))
Date: Sat, 04 May 1996 15:07:51 -0700
VE7TCP.AMPR.ORG will be down starting at approximately 7:00PM Pacific
Daylight Time (UTC-7) tonight (May 4) for a period of roughly four hours.

During this time the system will be moved to my Internet providers site
and connected to their backbone Ethernet. This move will give the system
full access to their 128 kb/s Internet connection (vs the V.34 link we're
currently limping over). The 128 kb/s link will be upgraded to a full T1
in a few weeks. By the end of the month we will see a 50X increase in
Internet bandwidth to the system!

I want to thank Jim Rempel at  MAG-NET B.B.S. Ltd.  (my Internet provider)
for making this possible. Please take a moment to stop by their World
Wide Web site (http://www.mag-net.com/), and don't forget to send him
a "thank you" note (jim@mag-net.com). If we all bug him enough we just
might convince him to take the dreaded examination and join the conspiracy
of ham radio insanity! (Besides, he has a *huge* back yard just begging
for a 100+ foot Delhi upon which we could plant the local AMPR/Internet
gateway :-)

--lyndon

--
Submissions:              na-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org