NA-User

Request for Bug Reports

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Request for Bug Reports
From: DAP14@chrysler.com (DAP14@chrysler.com)
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 96 17:25:47 EDT
To: All NA Users

KM9P recently put out a very eloquent note here on the reflector that noted
that a very important element to the success of the NA program are the
experiences and bug reports from the users.  He correctly noted that while
the author (that's me) tries to write and test code to minimize the
possibility of bugs, the program is complicated enough that the software
development squad (again, that's me) cannot possibly test every feature.

In a few weeks the World Radio Team Championship will occur.  Three software
programs will be in use: CT, TR-Log, and NA.  We know at least two teams
(K3LR/WA8YVR and K8CC/K5GO) will be using NA and have been told that at
least two others are highly likely.  Obviously, it would be good for NA to
be as bulletproof as possible.

Therefore, we would ask that all bug reports be forwarded to the author at
dap14@infoctr.chrysler.com as soon as possible.  Field Day this coming
weekend is an excellent testing ground, and at least a couple WRTC teams
will be flexing NA's capabilities during the event.  If you have some spare
time, why not get on the air and test out NA using your unique setup.

NA 10.03, which will be on the BBS shortly, addresses all of the known
version 10 bugs.  There will be another NA release the weekend before the
IARU HF Championship (i.e, 10.04 should be on the BBS by July 7 at the
latest).  Please try to have your bug reports to K8CC by July 1, 1996.

For those NA 9 users who have thus far resisted the temptation to upgrade,
we will offer the following incentive to get involved with the immediate
testing effort.  All bug fixes which involve features included in NA9 will
be included in a new version 9 release on July 7, 1996.

Some folks might find it embarrassing to put out a request for bug reports.
However, those of us involved with NA have but one goal: to make it the
most complete and bug-free contesting program you can buy.  Without user
feedback, we will fail.

A note to NAQSL users: as the result of user reports, be have discovered
that NAQSL 3.10 will not print.  What we have discovered is that while the
program runs in the software development environment, it will not run once
its turned into a standalone (.EXE) program.  It turns out this is a
compiler problem which necessitated switching compilers, and the new
compiler required some extensive changes to the source code.  This has been
done, and the "new" NAQSL does indeed print.  Final testing will occur over
the next couple of days, so the new NAQSL should be on the BBS this weekend.

GL on FD y'all

73, Dave/K8CC

--
Submissions:              na-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org