NA-User

[na-user] Sending @ Call

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] Sending @ Call
From: w4zw@juno.com (Jon E Hamlet) (Jon E Hamlet)
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 1997 09:51:53 EST
Just a few observations after having more time to play with NA.

First, my congratulations on an excellent implementation of CT's touch
and feel which really lowers the learning curve for those of us who have
used CT for awhile.

I am surprised to find that NA v10.13 works flawlessly with my FT-1000D
while the current CT still has random problems placing the right
Frequency into CT.  I discovered a timing problem earlier with CT and the
FT-1000D/1000MP on Pentium machines, especailly after about 700 to 800
Q's which causes the "awful slow motion" mode, usually in the heat of
battle when you're fatiqued, grumpy, and not amenable to computer
glitches.

With NA, I discovered that the cursor must be on the current call space
line  in order to send the current call using @.  If you log the QSO and
then send the exchange, it won't pick up the call using @.  CT always
send the current call, or the last one if the current line space is
blank.  Only reason I bring this up is because a repeat requires you to
back up to the call space in order to pick up the call.

All the beam heading are off in my version when I enter my Lat/Long.
Can't figure out why.  I've checked and rechecked the figures but they
are still off by about 90 degrees.  Program glitch or dummy operator
glitch?  I wonder about the accuracy when we are limited to whole
numbers.

I really like the sunrise/sunset data and the CW features are grrrreat!

Jon,  W4ZW

--
Submissions:              na-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org
Administrative requests:  na-user-REQUEST@ve7tcp.ampr.org