NA-User

[na-user] New Source for NA Program Downloads

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] New Source for NA Program Downloads
From: dap14@chrysler.com (dap14@chrysler.com)
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 00:21:39 -0400
     To All Registered NA10 Users:

     to get into the LTA BBS, DATOM Engineering has brought on-line another
     machine from which NA programs can be downloaded.  Please note that
     this is not a full featured BBS, but exists only to download the
     latest NA version.

     The BBS is available at the NA Help Line phone number: (313) 481-0696.
     Regretably, the only avaiable modem is 14.4K, by which a download of
     ZIP1018.EXE takes about six minutes (220K file).  To allow the NA Help
     Line to still be available for users with questions to leave messages
     for DATOM, the BBS will answer in the evenings from approximately 00Z
     on, and will revert to phone mail at approximately 12Z each morning.
     Note: the HA Help Line is answered live on Wednesday evenings from
     9PM-11PM EDT, so the BBS will be unavailable during this period.

     When you log in, you will be asked for your first name, last name, and
     password.  These have been taken from the NA user database provided by
     LTA which was derived from Buckmaster, so you should enter your first
     and last name as shown on your license.  For example, I should enter
     "DAVID" not "DAVE".  No "SR","JR", "III", etc.  The password is your
     callsign.  Some last names with apostrophies I just ran together to
     make sure the system would take it.  For example, K4LTA's last name is
     "O'Kain", so its "OKAIN" in the system.

     If you can't find a spelling that lets you get in, drop me an e-mail
     and I will change it to whatever you want.

     Once into the BBS, just follow the simple instruction prompts.  You
     will want to download the file ZIP1018.EXE.  Please note that the BBS
     is an old version which does not support some of the modern protocols
     such as Z-Modem.  Sorry about that...

     *PLEASE NOTE* - This BBS is only a short term solution until downloads
     from the Web site become available.  Tom has made good progress
     working with the site, but no matter what it looks like at the present
     *IT IS STILL NOT WORKING SO DON'T TRY IT*.  We're confident it will be
     on line within a week, so please be patient.  At that time, this
     interim BBS will go QRT and the computer will revert to its role in
     life as the 10M computer at the K8CC multi...

     73,

     DATOM Engineering
     Dave/K8CC
     Tom/WB8VMN