NA-User

[na-user] Tests for missing keystrokes

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] Tests for missing keystrokes
From: Bob Patten <n4bp@shadow.net> (Bob Patten)
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 01:38:18 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 18 Aug 1997 k8cc@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> 1) Does it appear that only certain keys are being missed?  Is it a particular
>    class of keys (alpha, function, ctrl, etc).
The only place I noticed it was while entering calls and then it seemed to
be pretty random.  It seemed like perhaps the numbers in the calls might
have been missed more often, but not sure...

> 2) If you have Auto Check Partial running, turn it off - does the problem go
> away?
I'll try this when I'm at home.  For the NAQP, I did have Auto Check
Partial on with a database loaded.

> 3) If you are running under Win95, can you try it under DOS, perhaps booting
>    from a DOS floppy (the W6P WRTC '96 trick)?  Does it go away?
I always run NA under DOS 6.22

                                   ,'' '',
     Bob Patten, N4BP              ( 0 0 )               Plantation, FL

                          E-Mail: n4bp@shadow.net
               Web Page:  http://www.shadow.net/~n4bp/n4bp.htm
                      Brass Pounder BBS: (954) 472-7715