NA-User

[na-user] 10.22 troubles

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] 10.22 troubles
From: k8cc@ix.netcom.com (k8cc@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 22:11:47 -0500 (CDT)
On 10/23/97 14:59:41 you wrote:

>Hi Folks
>I bet this is an operator error issue but I'm going to ask just the same.
>
>I had 10.13 on my pc and had it all configured for CQWW this weekend,
>ready to go.
>
>Today I downloaded the new 10.22 code and unzipped all of the files.
>I then copied them into my NA directory on my PC.
>
>After that I typed NA, it asked me to register, I did.  It then asked
>me to choose a QDF file, I chose my cqww.qdf for that I created
>yesterday.  The program then asked me to choose the contest that I was
>to operate....it only gave me 3 choices, 2 PA QSO party's and the Cal
>QSO Part.  I had no other choices.
>
>Where did all of my other contests go?? Am I missing a file??
>
>I can go back to 10.13 and have no problems.
>
>What did I do wrong guys?
>
>73/Greg
>K9IG
>
>--
>Submissions:              na-user@contesting.com
>Administrative requests:  na-user-REQUEST@contesting.com
>WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/datom/
>Questions:                owner-na-user@contesting.com

Greg,

What has changed since the older version is that we changed the file
extentions for the contest rules templates.  These used to be *.TMP. but
N4XM point out that there are Win95 utilities that search out temporary
files (*.TMP) and erase them.  We changed the extention to .CRT (for
[C]ontest [R]ules [T]emplates.

Go in and just rename all the *.TMP files in your NA directory to *.CRT
and you'll be all set.  The reason you only see two PAQPs and a CQP is
that these are new .CRT files included with the download.  I'm sure this
will take care of your problems.

73,

Dave Pruett, K8CC                         DATOM Engineering
2727 Harris Rd, Ypsilanti, MI 48198       DATOM@contesting.com
k8cc@ix.netcom.com                        http://www.contesting.com/datom