NA-User

[na-user] Hmmmmm

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] Hmmmmm
From: k8cc@ix.netcom.com (k8cc@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 10:35:43 -0500 (CDT)

>        What is the secret to making NA talk to an AEA PK-232?
>        I have set config, and serial port. What speed does the 232 like?
>
>        Got everything else gg but this has me stumped.
>
>        Craig, NX1G

Craig,

If all else fails, RTFM.

Many AEA TNC's use "autobaud detection" to set their baud rate.
This requires the user to repetitively send a particular character to
get the TNC to sync up.  This is not possible using NA (or CT, for that
matter) because character transmit routine transmits one line at a time,
not one character at a time.  (This is necessary for the networking).  I
have been told of CT users who had to run AEA's terminal program to
get the TNC going, then switch over to CT.  In NA, we added a feature
called PKINIT which allowed sending the synchonization characters.
See page 60 of the current manual.

73,

Dave Pruett, K8CC                         DATOM Engineering
2727 Harris Rd, Ypsilanti, MI 48198       DATOM@contesting.com
k8cc@ix.netcom.com                        http://www.contesting.com/datom