NA-User

[na-user] DC Multiplier in CQ 160M

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] DC Multiplier in CQ 160M
From: David A. Pruett" <k8cc@ix.netcom.com (David A. Pruett)
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 23:46:08 -0500
I don't understand why people are calling the ARRL about this.  The CQ 160
Contest is (obviously) sponsored by CQ Magazine, and K4JRB is the grand
poohbah.  What the ARRL has done in their contests has nothing whatsoever
to do with CQ contests.  Quit bothering Billy Lunt, Rick Palm, or anyone
else at the League about this.

K4JRB can do whatever he wants for multipliers.  The rules say states and
provinces.  DC is neither, but apparently he's added it to the list.  No
amount of logic is going to provide an answer for this one.

K4JRB did not provide me with any update about rules changes, which I think
he *SHOULD* do as a courtesy to the software writers.  I did not read the
rules so I missed it.  If people are geeked about this, I'll put a new mult
table file up on the reflector before this weekend.

73, Dave/K8CC

Home phone: (734) 481-0755
Home email: k8cc@ix.netcom.com
Work phone: (313) 493-2168