NA-User

[na-user] /M and /MM stations

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] /M and /MM stations
From: W0AH Doug <W0AHDoug@aol.com> (W0AH Doug)
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 10:11:09 EST

<< Doug, W4OX asked a question about mobile (/M) and maritime mobile (/MM)
 stations and how to log them correctly such that these don't show up and
 English countries.  He correctly identifies how this problem occurs - the
 question is how to deal with it.

 From one viewpoint, why log the /M at all?  We had a number of cases at
 WP3X where a station would show up as /M one time and not /M another.  Does
 it really matter?  >>

YES, it does.  In VHF contests it is very common to work a station from his
home QTH and also when he is mobile.  Both are perfectly valid contacts.  In
most VHF contests, I work about 5% of the operators both fixed and mobile.
This also happens occasionally in HF contests such as Sweepstakes.
Doug  W0AH