NA-User

[na-user] Re: [FQP] mobile logging in FQP

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] Re: [FQP] mobile logging in FQP
From: Bob Patten <n4bp@bc.seflin.org> (Bob Patten)
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 08:44:05 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 21 Apr 1998, Jim White, K4OJ wrote:

> N4BP/Dade works WC4E in the luxury of his world class shack
> N4BP/Broward works WC4E in the luxury of his world class shack
>
> ...neither of these QSOs is a dupe for the comfortable WC4E because there
> are different QTHes for both QSOs...

Second QSO WOULD be a dupe since WC4E has already logged N4BP as FL...

> N4BP/ dad
> N4BP/bro
>
> .....these would be unique callsigns for the software to
> differentiate.....no?
No, NA wouldn't know what to do with "DAD" or "BRO".  By the way, I too
quickly deleted a follow up post about the N4BP family station.
Actually, my "DAD" passed away several years ago and I don't have a
"BRO".  But I do have a sister Sara in Key West (N4BP/SAR).  :-)

> The mobile (N4BP/m) will be using separate QDF files/logs for each county
> so the act of working WC4E on the same band mode again is transparent...it
> is a different log because he is in a new QTH.
Yes, 21 QDF files, the main reason I don't want to use two calls (42
QDF files!)
My software can't identify WC4E as a dupe even though it would be for him if
he works me in additional counties on the same band...

> If the logging software will handle it (someone try this and report back,
> please) then I say the fixed Florida station should use the  slant bar and
> the three letter county abbreviation as a suffix to the
> call....N4BP/dad....
The county abbreviations would all have to be added to the COUNTRY.DAT
file in NA for this to work.  But the rules seem reasonably clear that
WC4E would log N4BP as FL and not care about a portable designator anyhow...

           73,
                                   ,'' '',
     Bob Patten, N4BP              ( 0 0 )               Plantation, FL

                         E-Mail: n4bp@bc.seflin.org
              Web Page: http://wg104a.wh.uni-stuttgart.de/~n4bp
                     Brass Pounder BBS: (954) 472-7715