NA-User

[na-user] Re: Activating External Voice Keyer

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] Re: Activating External Voice Keyer
From: Tom Branch" <k4nr@earthlink.net (Tom Branch)
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 21:49:35 -0600
Glenn,

Thanks for the pin-outs on the LPT port.  I should be able to use pin 17
for the CW as well.  Now off to buy some RG-174, some 1k resisters, and a
handful of 2N2222s.  I'll have to look this over as the MFJ-432 uses +5
volts instead of ground to activate the memories.  I had planned on chokes
on all the cables as I've seen what RFI can do to keyers.  I have an old
Ham Keyer that would lock-up on certain bands from the RFI.  Some chokes on
the cables solved that problems.  For the bypass caps did you use a .0047uf
from the input to ground?

TU es 73 de Tom, K4NR

To: <na-user@contesting.com>