NA-User

[na-user] Ethernet network

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] Ethernet network
From: dap14@chrysler.com (dap14@chrysler.com)
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 17:41:10 -0500
We had exactly one person (N7TR) who has asked about this.

Earlier this year I had some discussions with KY1H who wrote the network
TSR for CT.  Dave graciously shared his source code for it, however this is
an extremely complicated task which I am not currently well-informed enough
to execute.

One thing I've been considering for NA is to break out the network
interface into a separate TSR program much like CT uses.  In this way, we
could offer TSRs for different configurations: RS-232 loop, RS-232 link
Ethernet, RS-485, etc.  The other nice thing about such TSRs is that the
network can run with NA not running.

Sometimes I think we make things too complicated...

Dave/K8CC