NA-User

[na-user] CW PTT and FT1000MP

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] CW PTT and FT1000MP
From: Jim Pratt <n6ig@netcom.com> (Jim Pratt)
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 19:19:27 -0800 (PST)
OK, I am trying to implement NA for the Sprint.  Purchased V 10.35 and
have it running pretty well, despite unexplained COM port problems I have
never experienced with CT or TR.  BUT...

I decided to implement the CW PTT function.  The PTT comes out of the
same LPT port as the CW keying output and the paddle input.  On computer
one in the network, connected to an FT1000D, all is FB.  On the second
computer, connected to an FT1000MP, the first dit or dah is cut off,
whether sending from the computer memory or the paddle.  I don't seem to
see any sort of variable to fix this.  If you turn on the VOX, all is OK
(but of course the purpose of the PTT function is to eliminate the use of
VOX).

Any suggestions (other than turning on the VOX on the 'MP?).

73, Jim  N6IG