NA-User

[na-user] 10.38 ??

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] 10.38 ??
From: dap14@daimlerchrysler.com (dap14@daimlerchrysler.com)
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 10:00:41 -0400
Tom,

Thanks for reminding me that 10.38 has not been released onto the web site.
Folks who bought NA at Dayton are the only one's who have 10.38.

K8MR has reported that there are some problems with the F10 window in WPX.  From
his description, it sounds like these are cosmetic, but I will likely try to fix
this and release a 10.39 quickly rather than release 10.38.  Look for it on the
web site by tomorrow.

There is no fix as of yet for the beam heading problem.  I spent an entire
evening working on this when it first came up and it appears to be a fundamental
problem with the algorithm used to calculate the heading.  Since I have no
experience in global geometry, this may be hard to fix short of going to a
different algorithm.  K5RA offered some other methods, but these turned out to
have some problem cases too.

The problem only exists with stations in countries whose reference coordinates
are exactly 90 degrees away from your location in longitude, which somewhat
limits the occurance.  Will it get fixed eventually?  Yes.  Before WPX CW?  Not
a chance.  The Monday after Dayton I got zapped from a near lightning strike
resulting in four dead or wounded computers in the shack.  I have a big task
just to be ready for WPX CW.  Watch for us as NZ8O, multi-multi.

73,

Dave/K8CC