NA-User

[na-user] wpx error

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] wpx error
From: Dick Green" <dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green)
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 08:47:41 -0400
I don't know the specific answer for 10.40, but new versions of a program
often require more memory than their predecessors. That's because code for
new features takes more program space and may require more temporary storage
space. Note that this is not always the case -- sometimes features are
removed or code is rewritten and the result is smaller than the previous
version.

The specific memory configuration on your system comes into play, as well as
the particular contest you are working. It's my impression that WPX uses
more conventional memory than other contests, which is one reason why
several of us have experienced the Error 7 problem.

When I ran into this problem, I removed the soundcard drivers from my
CONFIG.SYS, reduced the number of BUFFERS and removed the loading of the
mouse driver from AUTOEXEC.BAT. That freed up about 70K of conventional
memory and NA worked fine. It looks like NA needs about 600K or more of
conventional memory to function properly in WPX.

73, Dick WC1M