NA-User

[na-user] ver 10.43

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] ver 10.43
From: k8cc" <k8cc@mediaone.net (k8cc)
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 00:20:11 -0500
Jamie,

To answer your questions:

> PgUp and PgDown dont work like the old version to go to a full screen for
packet.

This is correct.  Removing this feature allowed us to do some different
things to better conserve memory (approximately 700 more QSOs on a computer
with memory limits.  The full screen is mostly useful in day-to-day DXing
rather than in a contest - if you're looking at the full screen packet
window, you're not concentrating on the contest :-)

> You cant type a : in the talk field ( no big deal; I just thought it was
curious)

This was not intentional, but may be the consequence of using a shared block
of code to edit the text field where a colon was not needed (or perhaps not
wanted) somewhere else.

> I had the master database installed and thought I had configured but when
I do a F8 it seemed to only check the log; is there a different way to do a
"super check partial"?

Use the text command CALLDATABASE in the callsign field of the Logging
Window.  This brings up a window allowing you to choose from any .DAT file
that exists in the default directory.  In this way, you can have the
complete set of AD1C files loaded, and select the one most appropriate for
the contest to be operated.

> Miss the ability to change/resize windows like in ct

I don't think CT allows you to resize windows - at least not the last
version I used (9.38 from WP3X).  It allows you to select which ones are
visible, and also move them around on the screen.  I've looked at doing this
for NA, and even had some code working but it was slow.  Its a big task to
write a generalized, overlapping window handler, and there always seems to
be better things to work on.

Thanks for your comments and questions.

73,

Dave/K8CC