NA-User

[na-user] 2nd Radio QSOs

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] 2nd Radio QSOs
From: Bill Fisher - W4AN <w4an@contesting.com> (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 14:29:04 -0500 (EST)

> There are more than a few people I know who prefer having two computers as
> opposed to one.

I used to be one of those people.  At N4RJ's we used to have to tie the
PTT line on one IC-765 to some pin on the other one and vise versa that
would disable the final amplifier section in the other radio.  This worked
fine, but when we ditched the 765's it created a problem.

I personally do not see any advantage to using two computers for doing
SOAB.   Ergonomically it is a disaster.  It presents problems with the
lock out stuff.  And finally, it there is no advantage that I can see in
the final score.

To each his own though.

73

Bill