NA-User

[na-user] Bifocals

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] Bifocals
From: Joe L Blackwell <aa4nn@juno.com> (Joe L Blackwell)
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 16:17:24 -0500
You guys, you guys.  It's not the computer screen, it's not the software.
 Do yourself a favor and get your optician to get you the graduated
bifocal lenses.  No lines, no hassle.
You'll get accustomed to them in about ten minutes.  You look at the
screen, it's clear, you look off in the distance, it's clear.  Look down
at the keyboard, it's clear.  Check Partial, you look up at the screen,
it's clear.  Whether you are near-sighted or far-sighted, the gradualted
lenses do the trick.  How can you even hope to get a software change to a
display when eyesight is your own problem??  This is not meant to be
derogatory, I have been wearing graduated bifocal lenses for years, and
if you haven't, then you just don't know what you've been missing.

Flame me if you want, but it's your own problem, not mine or the software
developers.

JBaumgarte@aol.com writes:
dap14@daimlerchrysler.com (snip) agrees:

> <<
>  I got really annoyed during this last SS CW with my setup.  With my
> bifocals (its a bitch getting old...), I had to wear my glasses down on
my  nose in order
>  to see the radio clearly.  As a result I had to tilt my head rearward
to be able to read the > CHECK PARTIAL window near the top of the screen.
 My main setup has a NEC 4FG
> 15" monitor parked on a shelf just above the FT-1000D.  I  need a
smaller monitor,
> or else at least remove the swivel base from the  monitor.  Maybe we
can fix this in
> software - make NA run in an optional 50  line mode  with  the program
window in the lower half of the screen.

Vy 73, de Joe AA4NN
Eastern Top Band ARC,  Carolina DX Assn,  Carolina CW Ops,
Fairfield County Contesters, Ten-Tec only, CW only.
eeetet   ee