NA-User

[na-user] Cabrillo format error

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] Cabrillo format error
From: k8cc <k8cc@mediaone.net> (k8cc)
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 23:01:06 -0400
At 10:52 PM 6/26/00 -0400, mressler@digizen.net wrote:

>In looking at the cabrillo (CALL.log) output for our field day effort I
>noticed that the "sent" class exchange matches the received exchange
>instead of being our class (1A). Has anyone else seen this happen? The only
>changes made since previous contests was to update the sections.mlt to
>include the new WCF section and add some common aliases so that operators
>wouldn't get confused when the program wouldn't accept the section sent by
>the other station.
>
>MarC
>K3NCO

Rick, K7GDN also spotted this problem.  As the result of his report, we've
got this fixed already for the next NA release.

In looking at the NA code, we've determined that this bug effects only
Field Day with its "category/section" format.  Since the ARRL does not
request (or want) logs for Field Day, this bug will not effect your entry.

73,

Dave Pruett, K8CC
DATOM Engineering
datom@contesting.com