NA-User

[na-user] computer interface to Icom 706MKIIG

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] computer interface to Icom 706MKIIG
From: k8cc <k8cc@mediaone.net> (k8cc)
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 22:26:12 -0400
At 03:26 PM 8/4/00 -0400, Dan Kovatch wrote:

>I know NAQP is tomorrow so I'm rushing it a bit.......
>I have this nice new 706MKiiG and built a computer interface. It doesn't
>work. So, I order an MFJ cable with basically the same circuit built
>in-no joy.

Dan,

I have a 706MkIIG as well, and here's the problem.

NA does has radio selections for the 706 and 706MkII, but not the
706MkIIG.  The difference is that ICOM uses separate IDs for each radio
type in the commands sent to the radio by the computer.

Fortunately, we can make the MkIIG act like a MkII for the purpose of the
radio interface.  Look at page 55 of your IC706MkIIG manual, menu item 34,
CI-V ADDRESS.  The default shown in the manual is 58H.  Change this to 4EH
(IC706MkII) and you should be all set.

Dave/K8CC

WWW:                      http://datom.contesting.com/